Job title: Test Engineering Technician
Supervision: Engineering Manager
Summary of Position: Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for the inspection/problem determination of first article assemblies and the active support of the final test department through the creation and maintenance of test maps, build boards and any other technical assistance that department may require.
- Inspection of assemblies for correct wiring, connectors, lengths, labels, wire colors, test requirements etc.
- Fabrication and maintenance of test fixtures as required.
- Production and updating of test documentation and machine programs as required.
- Maintain organization of TE/Test documentation and materials.
- Model to others correct Quality Assurance criteria, interpretation of customer drawings and ESAM documents.
- Able to distinguish colors and read small print.
- Soldering proficiency, a plus.
- Be familiar with basic electrical testing methods re: continuity test and Volt/Ohm/ Meter testing.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, ECR / ECO documents and implementation.
- Must become familiar with and understand the Quality Assurance Manual.
- Have excellent manual dexterity and display mechanical aptitude.
- Stand or sit for eight (8) or more hours per day.
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs. on a repeated basis.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required
- Ensure department area is FOD free.
- Understand, embrace and ensure compliance to ESAM’s safety policies and procedures.
- Creates department efficiencies and brings ideas to senior management.
- Stay within budget guidelines.