Job Title: Solder
$15.50 an hour
Supervision: Manufacturing Section Manager/Manufacturing Manager
Summary of Position: The solder position requires the use of a soldering iron (pencil type) and solders wires onto a variety of components.
- Bend wires and mechanically attach to components.
- Tin the wire
- Read instruction sheets
- Call for In Process Inspection when applicable.
- Fill out traveler paperwork.
- Make suggestions on improving the processes
- Remove solder and rework.
- Hand strip as required.
- Performs special assignments and other duties.
- Able to distinguish colors.
- Able to read small print
- Able to read a ruler.
- Have excellent manual dexterity.
- Able to stand or sit eight (8) or more hours per day.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a repeated basis.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Have the ability to work with arms at shoulder level for extended periods of time.
- Bend head and neck at an angle to view through a halo light or scope to solder very small components.