Position Title: Regional Sales Manager
Department: Business Development
Reports to: National Sales Manager
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides technical and engineering information by answering questions and prospect requests, proposes customer solutions based on equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Establishes a steady flow of new accounts by researching target markets and segments, identifying potential customers and leading specific capture strategies within territory.
- Gains customer trust by operating with the highest integrity and clear, candid, timely communication.
- Coordinate customer visits/audits to our manufacturing facilities for onboarding.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations, and presenting quotations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and trade associations.
- Contributes to team effort by supporting internal needs and external customer support as needed.
- Serve as the area sales manager for the defined territory. This territory has responsibility for the Western Region of the United States.
- Monitoring the results of sales activities against planned objectives. Reporting the results.
- Build long-term relationships with existing and prospective customers, including key personnel in engineering, R&D, manufacturing, and purchasing.
- Achieve assigned sales, account development, and other targets.
- Forecasting goals for sales team and territory.
- Management of sales team in territory to include direct employees and independent sales representatives.
- B.S. in Engineering highly desirable (Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering) and/or ten years work experience in electronics manufacturing.
- Detailed understanding of new product development stages.
- Direct knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes, including Printed Circuit Board Assembly processes, Electronic Design Services and Cable/Wire Harness assemblies.
- Experience with managing independent sales representatives.
- Direct experience in the development and presentation of written proposals.
- Ability to travel regularly with short notice and self-manage travel plans; 50% travel required.
- Formal and informal presentation skills.