Job title: QUALITY MANAGER
Department: Quality Assurance
Supervision: Vice President
Summary of Position:
The Quality Manager will ensure conformance to AS9100 and ISO 9001 Standards, along with Customer, Company, Statutory and Regulatory requirements. This position will be leading the Quality, Document Control, and Contract Review Departments, while interacting directly with customers, and responding to customer escapes by performing root cause analysis and corrective action, while managing audit activity.
- Familiarity with quality standards and processes
- Communication skills to convey information in reports, meetings, and status reports.
- Knowledge of the product and IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standards to perform accurate quality control and dispositions.
- Attention to detail.
- Analysis, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws and pose solutions to those flaws.
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate under deadlines while still meeting quality standards.
- Ensuring that the quality management system conforms to the requirements of AS9100 and ISO 9001 Standards, its own processes and procedures, and customer statutory and regulatory quality requirements.
- Ensuring that processes are delivering their intended outputs.
- Reporting on the quality management system performance and suggesting opportunities for improvement to senior management.
- Ensuring the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization.
- Ensuring that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when changes to the quality management system are planned and implemented.
- Understand IPC/WHMA-A-620 Assembly Requirements to ensure product quality and make proper dispositions on product quality rejections.
- Oversee quality department personnel.
- Respond to emails within a timely manner.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action and Maintain records.
- Manage and Maintain Corrective Action and Action Item Database, Tracking, and Resolution.
- Create, Write, Update, and Maintain Quality Management System Documents such as Quality Manual, Procedures, and Forms.
- Run Quality Reports on a Monthly Basis.
- Lead and Train peers over Quality Management System Requirements.
- Promote Best Practices among the company.
- Perform and Manage Internal Audit Processes.
- Escort and Manage External Audits.
- Coordinate Management Review at minimum annually.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as directed.
- Conduct thorough and timely employee reviews.
- Ensure department area is FOD free.
- Understands, embrace, and ensures compliance to ESAM’s safety policies and procedures.
- Train, direct and motivate employees.
- Creates department efficiencies and brings ideas to senior management.
- Stay within budget guidelines.
This is a Salaried position; salary is dependent on experience.