Job title: Quality Assurance Inspector / Tester
Department: Quality Assurance
$15 an hour
Supervision: Quality Manager
Summary of Position: Under very limited supervision, this position is responsible for In-Process and Final Test and Inspection of all manufactured product prior to customer shipment. This position has the responsibility to verify product conformance to Customer’s and ESAM’s implemented specifications.
- Provide leadership to others related to Quality Assurance criteria, interpretation of customer drawings and ESAM Documents.
- Responsible for testing completed assemblies and identifying failures.
- Must be familiar with Quality Assurance tools such as continuity Test and Volt/ohm/Meter Instruments, Micrometer, Measuring Scale, and hand tools.
- Responsible for product conformity and to identify any nonconformities prior to product being shipped.
- Able to distinguish colors.
- Able to read small print and read a ruler
- Must be familiar with quality assurance tools such as continuity test and Volt/ Ohm / Meter instruments.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, engineering specifications, Bill of Materials, etc.
- Must become familiar with and understand the Quality Assurance Manual.
- Have excellent manual dexterity and display some mechanical aptitude.
- Stand or sit for eight (8) or more hours per day.
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs. on a repeated basis.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Have ability to work with arms at shoulder level for extended periods of time.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required.
- Ensure department area is FOD free.
- Understands, embrace and ensures compliance to ESAM’s safety policies and procedures.
- Creates department efficiencies and brings ideas to senior management.
- Stay within budget guidelines.