Job title: Manufacturing / Production Planner
Wage: $15 an hour DOE
Department: Manufacturing / Quality
Supervision: Manufacturing Manager, Director of Operations
Summary of Position:
For assigned customers the Planner acts as the primary individual to interface with all departments at ESAM Inc. By direction of the Manufacturing Manager, and under limited supervision, the planner determines estimated completion dates for product shipping to customers. The planner plans and publishes the manufacturing work load based on Material dates, is responsible to communicate changes in delivery dates to Customer Service. The planner is also responsible to notify Management when material dates do not support customer’s delivery date.
- Prepare Hot Sheet on a weekly basis.
- Distribute the Hot Sheet.
- Status the Hot Sheet daily.
- Daily report to Customer Service any changes in ship dates that effect dock dates.
- Review and date all new Sales Orders. Review and date all changes to Sales Orders.
- Add ship date to Sales Line for sales orders.
- Notify Material Manager of part dates that do not support customer dock dates or promise dates.
- Attend daily ship sheet and hot sheet meetings.
- Track on-time delivery daily.
- Devise reports when needed to allocate material. Make a Lower Level Hot Sheet that covers 2 months of shipments.
- Process Manufacturing Stops.
- Sign for reworks and track them through the system.
- Make suggestions on improving the processes.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required.
- Must be able to follow direction and objectively make decisions and recommendations regarding product.
- Be or become computer literate.
- Able to use software programs for data entry and to generate reports.
- Must be able to prioritize and function with multi-level tasks and interruptions.
- Perform various general clerical office duties: data entry, copying, filing and answering telephones.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Able to sit or stand up to 8 hours a day and work overtime.