Job title: Manufacturing Section Manager
Supervision: Manufacturing Manager, Director of Operations
Summary of Position: Manufacturing Section Manager ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of production. The Section Manager directs and coordinates with Supervisors so production deadlines are met.
- Confers with management to establish timely production, quality control standards, develop budget and cost control. Observe data regarding type, quantity, specifications and delivery of product within budget guidelines.
- Plan and direct production and establish production priorities in keeping effective operations and cost factors.
- Investigates root cause of reworks and implements procedures to minimize future returns.
- Coordinate production procurement, maintenance and quality control at an optimum level.
- Revise production schedule and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problem.
- Implement manufacturing inspection processes, documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Prepare and review documented work procedures.
- Consult with engineering relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of product.
- Must be capable of identifying problems and using documentation and knowledge of process and document to identify necessary corrective action.
- Possess excellent personal organization and demonstrate the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required.
- Conduct thorough and timely reviews.
- Ensure Department areas are FOD free.
- Understand, embrace and ensure compliance to ESAM’s safety policies and procedures.
- Train, direct and motivate employees.
- Creates Department efficiencies and brings ideas to senior management.
- Stay within budget guidelines.