Job Title: Controller
ESAM Inc., a leading custom cable, wire harness, contract manufacturing firm headquartered in Grants Pass, Oregon has an immediate opening for a Controller to join our team. We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented individual to lead our team. Must have strong knowledge of US GAAP and experience implementing internal accounting controls. This position will report directly to our Group CFO.
- Oversees and manages all accounting staff.
- Prepares for monthly reporting, financial statements, inventory reconciliation, general ledger reconciliations, and journal entries as needed
- Responsible for 401K administration, commission calculations, and account reconciliations related to these tasks.
- Provides backup support to the Human Resources organization in regards to Payroll.
- Responsible for recording all Payroll & PTO JE’s.
- Works on special projects, when requested by CFO.
- Assists with year-end financial documentation required by our Auditors & CPA firm.
- Assists with documentation gathering for audits required by company bankers.
- Assures internal control compliance.
- Five to Seven years progressive experience in Accounting
- Five years’ experience in Payroll
- Five years’ experience in General Ledger
- Ability to provide timely, accurate transaction processing
- Ability to identify process problems and formulate solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Ability to write policies and procedures in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States
Exceed internal & external customer’s expectations with the highest quality of products and services.
- Take Ownership. (TO)
- Exceed customer’s expectations with the highest quality of products and service.
- Never pass along a problem.
- Acknowledge you are a role model.
- Safety first.
- Maintain clean and unobstructed work area.
- Maintain flexibility.
- Understand the meaning, cause, and effect of each of the Key Business Indicators.
- Develop key metrics, graphically depict and post measures.
- Embrace Change.
- Continuously improve Products, Processes and Self.
- Possess a “Can Do” approach to all aspects of the job is a must.
- Embrace the Kaizen and change processes.
- Engage in Problem Solving not fire fighting.
- Demonstrate Respect for others.
- Maintain a positive attitude with all of the stakeholders of ESAM.
- Value and maintain positive personal relationships with co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Promote communications between and among employees on all ESAM matters.
- Train and give guidance to ESAM employees whenever appropriate.
- Provide positive critical feedback to upper management.
- Adopt a “Good to Great” philosophical approach.
- Maintain professionalism.
- Make sound business decisions based on proper due diligence, research and data.
- Maintain unquestionable levels of integrity and ethics – in perception and in fact.
Job-Specific Knowledge and skills: Acquires and applies knowledge, skills, and experience to accomplish results.
- Keeps current with and effectively applies new work methods, skills, and technologies to complete work efficiently. (Embrace change)
- Demonstrates the willingness and competence to work in multiple, functional areas (Teamwork)
- Assesses situations accurately and determines appropriate action (professionalism)
- Identifies and utilizes resources effectively and responsibly (Professionalism)
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work effectively to produce measurable results (TO)
- Takes ownership for own self-development (TO)
Quality: Provides high quality services, processes, programs and products while consistently seeking ways to improve outcomes and enhance service.
- Takes a problem-solving approach when faced with challenging or difficult situations (Teamwork)
- Proposes changes to policies or procedures, where appropriate (Embrace change)
- Uses sound judgment (professionalism)
- Consistently exceeds customer’s expectation with High quality product and service.
- Work is thorough, timely and reflects the highest degree of quality (TO)
- Manages difficult and emotional situations effectively (Professionalism)
- Takes initiative in improving service, processes, programs and products (TO)
- Responds to requests in a conscientious and timely fashion (Teamwork)
Professionalism & Accountability: Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for productivity (TO)
- Complies with departmental performance standards (Company)
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality and respects the privacy of others (Professionalism)
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing (Professionalism)
- Demonstrates willingness to undertake duties as assigned (TO)
- Demonstrates willingness to accept shift in responsibilities due to the nature of the changing workplace (Embrace change)
- Conveys positive and professional image of work unit to others (Professionalism)
- Tracks progress or improvements (TO)
Collaboration & Teamwork: Supports a positive team environment in which members participate, respect and cooperate with each other to achieve desired results.
- Uses Problem-Solving techniques to improve products and processes
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Promote communication between and among employees on all ESAM matters
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs
- Builds and sustains cooperative working relationships
- Volunteers to participate in continuous improvement events, and Company committees
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group or department
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in work assignment and interaction with others
- Recognizes strengths and contributions of others
- Provides leadership on projects and/or programs
- Train and give guidance to ESAM employees whenever appropriate
Commitment to the values of the department & company: Promotes a safe and inclusive environment that provides for the open exchange of ideas and the virtues of integrity and honesty.
- Works cooperatively with people of diverse cultural identities, styles and functional responsibilities
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others
- Works effectively with others in a variety of settings
- Makes ethical decisions
- Represents the values of ESAM to internal and external communities
- Aligns individual work priorities with departmental and ESAM’s goals and visions
- Visibly demonstrates care and concern for colleagues, staff, faculty, students and external customers
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of policies and procedures of operation; complies with and applies policies and procedures appropriately (Company)
- Understand the meaning, cause, and effect of each of the key Business Indicators
- Relentless reduction of “bad costs”