Job title: First Article Prototype Technician
$15.50 an hour
Department: First Article
Supervision: First Article Manager
Summary of Position: First Article builds a prototype assembly from customer supplied specifications. The worker reviews customer drawings and is then responsible for generating all the necessary paperwork to facilitate building of the assembly.
Depending on the size and complexity of the assembly the worker is usually working with wires, connectors, crimps, tie wraps, labels and shrink tubing that only weights a few ounces individually and a few pounds in total. Every assembly is different and sometimes the assembly is only a couple of inches long or it could be many feet long.
- Be a self-starter and work with little supervision.
- Review customer supplied prototype specifications.
- Generate the cut, build and assembly instructions for prototype assemblies.
- House and build the prototype assembly.
- Perform special assignments and other duties.
- Able to distinguish colors.
- Able to read small print.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications
- Have excellent manual dexterity.
- Stand or sit for eight (8) or more hours per day.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.