Job Title: CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
Reports to: ESAM GM/VP and IES National Sales Manager
Summary: The Customer Service Manager (CSM) ensures that internal and external customers are always satisfied. The CSM is a relationship specialist acting as a liaison between customers and all parts of ESAM, Inc., supporting and balancing the needs of all. The goal of the department is to support the company’s efforts to deliver high-quality product on time that meets or exceeds customer specifications. The CSM supervises, trains, and manages the customer service team to the highest standards of customer service, interacts with customers at the same high level of performance, and ensures that all company policies and processes are followed. The department’s work includes communicating with customers, and assisting in the process of sales orders, customer order entry, purchase order verification, order tracking and coordination of product delivery. The CSM communicates effectively and professionally by phone and e-mail with customers and other associates; compiles and maintains records and performs general clerical duties using knowledge of business systems and procedures. The CSM professionally greets and interacts with internal management and staff, visitors, customers, general public, and outside sales personnel.
- Communicate and coordinate with customers, internal personnel and outside sales representatives in a timely and professional manner.
- Set up and monitor process to provide copies of all customer correspondence to outside sales representatives.
- Set up process whereby all Customer Service personnel respond to emails and phone messages within 4 working hours of receipt, even if it is only to confirm receipt of message. The ESAM goal is to have any such issues answered and resolved 48 hours after receipt, or if such resolution takes longer to provide the customer with an update at a minimum of every 48 hours until it is resolved.
- Answer questions, clarify information, and resolve possible issues with customers and sales personnel.
- Provide leadership, direction, and motivation to the Customer Service Department with the goal of cultivating a stable, trained, experienced staff that customers depend upon.
- Provide timely reports to IES and ESAM Management as requested.
- Work productively, efficiently, and effectively under tight timelines while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Manage various vendor managed inventory programs and Kanbans ensuring accurate and appropriate finished goods inventories both internally and at customer’s location. Provide monthly reports to ESAM Management on status of any inventory where customer is not adhering to terms of agreement with ESAM.
- Ensure complete and accurate internal sales orders, including accurate assigning of outside sales reps.
- Prepare, implement, and monitor department work instructions to be in compliance with ISO 9001 and AS 9100 requirements (with approval of management).
- Computer skills in basic MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access18. Excellent communication skills for a demanding and customer-focused working environment.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully working with IES sales team members.
- Monitor bookings and shipments against forecast and supply reports to management as requested.
- Collaborate with Cost Estimating on quoting activities and priorities.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Quality and Engineering on customer/prospect issues.
- Manage and prepare all support paperwork, certifications and representations that specific customers may require.
- Monitor and manage supplier registrations with customers and prospects.
- Conduct annual Customer Survey.
- Assist with or Manage Customer/Prospect visits. Prepare materials as needed.
- Prepare and manage sales budget with GM/VP
- Travel to support customers as needed.
Other Duties (some examples):
- Conduct thorough and timely reviews.
- Ensure department area is FOD free.
- Understand, embrace, and ensure compliance to ESAM’s safety policies and procedures.
- Train, direct and motivate employees.
- Create department efficiencies and brings ideas to senior management.
- Stay within budget guidelines.
Salaried Position, DOE
Work Schedule Monday-Friday, flexible working hours between 6am-5pm.