Job title: Cost Estimator
Department: Cost Estimating
Supervision: Cost Estimating Supervisor, Material Manager
Summary of Position: This position is responsible for preparation of all ESAM customer quotations including both material and labor requirements. Provide completed quotation to management for review and finalization prior to submittal to customer.
- Create new assemblies.
- Read and interpret layout drawings, wire lists, schematics, cut lists, bill of materials, etc. to formulate build procedures and labor requirements to include material and cut lists.
- Determine labor costs involved in production of assembly.
- Communicate on a regular basis with customers, supplier representatives and ESAM management.
- Make suggestions to improve the process
- Special assignments and other duties as required.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Excel spreadsheet.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must understand manufacturing catalogs, spec sheets, procedures, etc.
- Must have knowledge of Workmanship Standards as related to our industry.
- Able to perform to customer schedule demands.
- Able to perform quoting requirements from customer samples.
- Able to read small print and distinguish color
- Use general office machines: Copier, printer, scanner, FAX, etc.
- Very detail oriented
- Able to sit for eight (8) or more hours a day