Job Title: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Reports to: National Sales Manager
The ESAM Customer Service Representative is a relationship specialist acting as a liaison between customers and manufacturing staff, supporting and balancing the needs of both. The position is responsible to work one-on-one with customers assisting in the process of sales orders, customer order entry, verification of orders, order tracking and coordination of product delivery. Communicates by phone and e-mail with customers and other associates. Complies and maintains records and performs various general clerical duties using knowledge of business systems and procedures. Also greets visitors, customers, the general public and assists with the switchboard.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers/prospects, ESAM Sales Representatives, all ESAM employees and others that may contact or visit at all times.
- Enter customer/prospect data into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database as required.
- Provide copies of all customer correspondence to outside sales representatives for your assigned accounts.
- Respond to emails and phone messages within 4 working hours of receipt, even if it is only to confirm receipt of message. The ESAM goal is to have any such issues answered and resolved 48 hours after receipt, or if such resolution takes longer to provide the customer with an update every 48 hours until it is resolved.
- Communicating with customers through various channels such as phone, portal, FAX, text, and email.
- Learn how to work and manage activity in customer portals, as required.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints (acknowledging within 24 hours of receipt and updating every 48 hours thereafter until resolved).
- Processing requests for quotations, orders, forms, applications, and requests within the same timeframes as listed above.
- Inform customers and sales representatives of order status, especially when delivery dates are in jeopardy. Potential late deliveries should be communicated as soon as they become evident.
- Interact with sales representatives to obtain ESAM performance scorecards from customers.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent. Advance education and/or previous customer service experience is desirable.
- Ability to stay calm when customers or prospects are stressed or upset.
- Comfortable using computers, Microsoft Office and working with customer “portals” on various platforms from different companies.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required.
- Ensure department area is FOD free.
- Understand, embrace and ensure compliance to ESAM’s safety policies and procedures.
- Create department efficiencies and brings ideas to senior management.