Job title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Supervision: Finance Manager, President
Summary of Position:
Under limited supervision the AR clerk is responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues, distributing invoices, posting daily receipts and generating aging account information in a timely manner. Performs a variety of bookkeeping functions in support of the Accounting Department. Provides overall support and backup for all accounting functions.
- Enter and post all AR and miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Review and send (electronically) daily invoices.
- Match invoices with shipping documents and file both hard copies and electronically.
- Independently review aging reports and make daily collection calls.
- Resolve customer questions and provide reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Independently research and interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Maintain AR database in Expandable with current information.
- Review, edit daily labor time sheets within allowed variance and run DONI report before 10:00 A.M.
- Review and prepare daily productivity reports for distribution by noon.
- Update daily Ship Audit Report.
- Anticipates and updates Finance Manager on potential problems
- Actively seeks and presents ideas to create efficiencies
- Handle petty cash requests and balance account when necessary.
Weekly / Monthly Duties:
- Prepare AR 8-day plus report.
- Prepare Bookings vs Sales Report.
- Send AR statements on the 10th and 25th of each month.
- Prepare for weekly AR meeting with Finance Manager.
- Prepare Sales Commissions.
- Review AR Open Shipments / Returns.
- Participates in month end and year end closing processes.
- Maintains a positive and approachable outlook
- Keeps work station organized and neat
- Maintains files of open and paid invoices
- Responds to internal requests timely
- Acts as a back-up for Accounts Payable, daily time sheets and reconciliation
- Helps file purchase orders
- Makes bank and post office runs
- Prepares for weekly AP meeting with Finance Manager
- Computer literate
- Use computer software programs for data entry and to generate required reports.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Ability to use 10-key calculator for a variety of accounting functions.
- Perform various general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, scanning, filing.
- Use a postage meter
- Sit for eight (8) or more hours a day.
- Must be self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required.