Job title: Machine Operator / Wireroom
Supervision: Wireroom Manager
Summary of Position: Performs a variety of cutting operations on various types of wire cutting machines.
- Responsible for cutting, stripping and crimping wire and cables using computerized and robotic machines.
- Follow various Assembly Instructions/Cut Sheets for cutting and stripping.
- Basic machine trouble shooting.
- Follow Lock/Out, Tag/Out procedures.
- Ability to identify quality problems and initiate necessary corrective action.
- Set up wire and cable cutting machines in a timely manner using mechanical aptitude.
- Able to distinguish colors.
- Have excellent manual dexterity.
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs. on a repeated basis.
- Able to stand or sit for eight (8) hours a day.
- Able to use various measuring devices (scales, micrometer, calipers) to verify product quality.
- Able to read small print.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required.