Job title: Breakout
Department: Manufacturing / Production
Supervision: Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Manager
Summary of Position: This is an Electronic Assembler, Breakout position primarily involving stripping the outer insulation cover from a cable and ”breaking out” the wires that are enclosed.
- Audit breakout kits for wires, shrink, etc.
- Give status of kit shortages to lead or supervisor.
- Read instruction sheets.
- Strip outer insulated cover from cable using a scribe to mark length and a hot knife to cut through the outer cover.
- Remove outer covering and peel foil away from wires.
- The wire bundle now exposed is “broken out”, wires separated, striped, unnecessary wires removed, shrink applied. Various tasks performed according to paperwork.
- Fill out traveler paperwork.
- Make suggestions on improving the processes.
- Inspect other operators work as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Able to distinguish colors.
- Able to read small print.
- Able to read a ruler.
- Have excellent manual dexterity.
- Sit for eight (8) or more hours per day.
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs. on a repeated basis.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Have the ability to work with arms at shoulder level for extended periods of time.